Walk the Wales Coast Path section from Caernarfon to Clynnog
|22.1 km||131 m||4 hours 30min|
Calculate the time using Naismith’s Rule and factor in your own pace.
Start and Finish: Caernarfon - Clynnog Fawr
All the facilities are available in Caernarfon, but not a lot on the way. Dinas Dinlle has a few cafes, with the Air Ambulance cafe open all year round. The pubs en route in Llandwrog and Clynnog are closed, with the latter now a holiday let. There is a garage in Clynnog Fawr for supplies.
There are regular buses between Caernarfon and Clynnog Fawr (no 12).Traveline for UK Public Transport
Parking and Post Code for Sat Nav (where applicable):
Check out our Best Mountain Weather Forecast?
Walk the Wales Coast Path From Caernarfon to Clynnog Route Map and GPX Download
Summits and Places on this Route
- Rownd Foryd - 0.0km
- Tryfan Junction from Caernarfon - 0.1km
- Lon Gwyrfai Rough Route - 0.2km
- Caernarfon to Llanberis Hilly Run - 0.2km
- Lon Las Fenai Cycle Route - 0.2km
- Lon Eifion and Lon Gwyrfai - 0.2km
- River Seiont and Caeathro from Caernarfon - 0.2km
- Caernarfon to Rhyd Ddu WHR Link Cycle or Running Route - 0.2km
- The Black Boy Inn - 0.2km
- Snowdonia Bunkhouse - 13.4km
- Yr Efail Swynol The Enchanted Forge Holiday Cottage - 15.3km
- Snowdonia Mountain Hostel - 15.5km
- Summit to Savour - 18.0km
Pubs and Cafes Nearby:
Walk the Wales Coast Path From Caernarfon to Clynnog Details
The Wales Coastal Path from Caernarfon on to Clynnog isn’t the most spectacular, with a far too substantial section following a busy main road. However, there are still plenty of highlights along the way, with the less rugged coastline providing habitat for wetland birds. There’s also Caernarfon Castle, the Menai Straits and Dinas Dinlle as highlights as well as two churches to visit on the way. We highly recommend a detour from Dinas Dinlle to Llandwrog village, as we think this is an omission on the route as well as keeping off the narrow road section as much a possible! There are a couple more diversions you can take as well, but if you want more information, then see our Alternative Wales Coastal Path Caernarfon to Clynnog route.
This section is well signposted, and shouldn’t pose any route finding problems.
The Full Walking Route can be found on Walk the Wales Coast Path – Walk the Wales Coast Path from Caernarfon to Clynnog Fawr