Caernarfon to Llanberis Hilly Run
|15.2 km||770 m|
Calculate the time using Naismith’s Rule and factor in your own pace.
Start and Finish:
Check out the businesses nearby for more places to stay and drink.
Public Transport: Traveline for UK Public Transport
Parking and Post Code for Sat Nav (where applicable):
Check out our Best Mountain Weather Forecast?
Caernarfon to Llanberis Hilly Run Route Map and GPX Download
Summits and Places on this Route
- Lon Gwyrfai Rough Route - 0.0km
- Lon Eifion and Lon Gwyrfai - 0.0km
- River Seiont and Caeathro from Caernarfon - 0.0km
- Caernarfon to Rhyd Ddu WHR Link Cycle or Running Route - 0.0km
- Lon Eifion Cycletrack - 0.1km
- Tryfan Junction from Caernarfon - 0.1km
- Rownd Foryd - 0.2km
- Walk the Wales Coast Path From Caernarfon to Clynnog - 0.2km
- The Black Boy Inn - 0.4km
- Basecamp Wales - 10.4km
- Snowdonia Bunkhouse - 13.2km
- Yr Efail Swynol The Enchanted Forge Holiday Cottage - 15.3km
- Snowdonia Mountain Hostel - 15.4km
Pubs and Cafes Nearby:
Caernarfon to Llanberis Hilly Run Details
This is my favourite run, with just enough trail to make it interesting and not too much ascent so a mere mortal can complete it.
Difficulties: None Specified
The Route Due to injury, I’ve not run this route for over a year, but it is my favourite run. The final section climbs up to Bwlch y Groes as does the Eryri Marathon and is torture after only running 6km. I can only imagine how any unprepared runners would feel when they hit that hill after 35km running!