Across the Moelwynion – Maentwrog to Capel Curig
|35.1 km||1990 m||12 hours|
Calculate the time using Naismith’s Rule and factor in your own pace.
Start and Finish: Maentwrog to Capel Curig
WC/Pub both ends, plus shop in Capel Curig
Distance and navigation
Plenty of buses, but not straightforward to return to start.Traveline for UK Public Transport
Parking and Post Code for Sat Nav (where applicable):
Check out our Best Mountain Weather Forecast?
Across the Moelwynion – Maentwrog to Capel Curig Route Map and GPX Download
Summits and Places on this Route
- The Vale of Ffestiniog Way - 0.7km
- Slate Valleys Path – Afonydd Goedol and Teigl from Rhyd-y-sarn - 3.2km
- Old Parish of Llanfrothen Easy Woodland Walk - 4.5km
- Moelwyn Bach, Moelwyn Mawr and Cnicht from Croesor - 4.7km
- Plas Brondanw and the Tower from Garreg – Easy Snowdonia Walk - 4.7km
- Easy Llanfrothen Walk Gwenllian and the Wern - 4.7km
- Croesor Easy Circular Walk Literature and Slate - 4.7km
- Walk up Cnicht from Croesor Circuit - 4.7km
Pubs and Cafes Nearby:
Across the Moelwynion – Maentwrog to Capel Curig Details
This is without any doubt, one of the most satisfying ways to cover these hills.
Starting at sea level at the beautiful Vale of Ffestiniog, past Llyn Mair, before you enter the mountain environment proper.
From here on, it’s hard work, but when you arrive in Capel Curig the next day, or even at sundown on the same down, you’ll have completed one of the more satisfying traverses in the park.
Distance, Ascent and Time 37km, 2100m, 12 hours
Difficulties Distance and navigation
Start / End Maentwrog to Capel Curig
Facilities WC/Pub both ends, plus shop in Capel Curig
Public Transport Plenty of buses, but not straightforward to return to start.
Route to follow…