The Glasdir Copper Trail
|1.8 km||123 m|
Calculate the time using Naismith’s Rule and factor in your own pace.
Start and Finish:
Check out the businesses nearby for more places to stay and drink.
Public Transport: Traveline for UK Public Transport
Parking and Post Code for Sat Nav (where applicable):
Check out our Best Mountain Weather Forecast?
The Glasdir Copper Trail Route Map and GPX Download
Summits and Places on this Route
- Rhedfa Sarn Helen – Snowdonia and Coed y Brenin Trail Running - 0.0km
- Cefndeuddwr Trail - 0.0km
- Gain Waterfall Trail - 0.0km
- Coed y Brenin Volcano Trail - 0.0km
- Coed y Brenin Trail Runs – Half Marathon Waymarked Trail - 0.0km
- Coed y Brenin Trail Runs – Goldrush Waymarked Trail - 0.1km
- The Beast of Coed y Brenin Mountain Bike Route - 0.7km
- Yr Afon Green Mountain Bike Route - 0.7km
Pubs and Cafes Nearby:
The Glasdir Copper Trail Details
Very easy woodland ramble in the Coed y Brenin forest park.
From the FC Website:
“The walk takes you through the old copper mine of Glasdir where copper was mined from 1852 to 1914. It was here that the owner Alexander Elmore patented a method of extracting copper from the ore using oil flotation. This method is still used World wide today. There are a number of flights of steps on this walk. Please take care not to stray from the paths as the old works are dangerous.”
There’s a Free MP3 available via the link as well.
Click here for a printable map and guide from the Forestry Commission website.