Waterfalls and Goldmines Trail
|5.7 km||169 m|
Calculate the time using Naismith’s Rule and factor in your own pace.
Start and Finish:
Check out the businesses nearby for more places to stay and drink.
Public Transport: Traveline for UK Public Transport
Parking and Post Code for Sat Nav (where applicable):
Check out our Best Mountain Weather Forecast?
Waterfalls and Goldmines Trail Route Map and GPX Download
Summits and Places on this Route
- Y Diffwys from Ganllwyd - 0.7km
- Rhaeadr Du from Ganllwyd - 0.9km
- The Beast of Coed y Brenin Mountain Bike Route - 1.5km
- Yr Afon Green Mountain Bike Route - 1.5km
- Coed y Brenin MinorTaur - 1.5km
- Coed y Brenin Cyflym Coch Red Grade Trail - 1.5km
- Coed y Brenin MBR Black Mountain Bike Trail - 1.5km
- Coed y Brenin Tarw Du Black Mountain Bike Trail - 1.5km
Pubs and Cafes Nearby:
Waterfalls and Goldmines Trail Details
A steady walk towards Pistyll Cain and Rhaeadr Mawddach.
Can be completed on mountain bikes as well.
From the FC Website:
“A riverside walk on forest tracks, suitable for pushchairs, to the beautiful waterfalls of Rhaeadr Mawddach and Pistyll Cain, the route passes old gold mine workings along the way. A shorter blue waymarked route returns across the wooden aerial bridge while a longer yellow route continues down stream to the Bailey bridge before crossing the river and returning to the car park along the road. This is also a family cycle route so please be aware of other users..”
There’s a Free MP3 audio walk available via the link as well.
Click here for a printable map and guide from the Forestry Commission website.