Gain Waterfall Trail
|5.9 km||263 m|
Calculate the time using Naismith’s Rule and factor in your own pace.
Start and Finish:
Check out the businesses nearby for more places to stay and drink.
Public Transport: Traveline for UK Public Transport
Parking and Post Code for Sat Nav (where applicable):
Check out our Best Mountain Weather Forecast?
Gain Waterfall Trail Route Map and GPX Download
Summits and Places on this Route
- Rhedfa Sarn Helen – Snowdonia and Coed y Brenin Trail Running - 0.0km
- Cefndeuddwr Trail - 0.0km
- The Glasdir Copper Trail - 0.0km
- Coed y Brenin Volcano Trail - 0.0km
- Coed y Brenin Trail Runs – Half Marathon Waymarked Trail - 0.0km
- Coed y Brenin Trail Runs – Goldrush Waymarked Trail - 0.1km
- The Beast of Coed y Brenin Mountain Bike Route - 0.7km
- Yr Afon Green Mountain Bike Route - 0.7km
Pubs and Cafes Nearby:
Gain Waterfall Trail Details
An easy woodland walk from the Coed y Brenin Visitor Centre, though regarded as ‘tough’ on the FC’s rambling scale!
From the FC Website:
“This is a tough circular walk, climbing over the Cefndeuddwr ridge before descending via the stone bridge across the upper Gain, to the Gwynfynedd Goldmine and waterfalls at the confluence of the Mawddach and Gain. From here the trail climbs back over the ridge to the visitor centre. The trail follows a combination of forest roads and steep footpaths on an unmade and uneven surface. Stout footwear recommended. Not suitable for wheeled buggies.”
Click here for a printable map and guide from the Forestry Commission website.