Walk to Back Tor on the Derwent Moors.
|15.4 km||403 m||4 hours 30min|
Calculate the time using Naismith’s Rule and factor in your own pace.
Start and Finish: Cutthroat Bridge Car Park nr Ladybower Reservoir
Public Transport: Traveline for UK Public Transport
Parking and Post Code for Sat Nav (where applicable):
Lay-by at start
Check out our Best Mountain Weather Forecast?
Walk Along Derwent Edge to Back Tor Route Map and GPX Download
- Crook Hill, Lost Lad, and Derwent Edge - 2.0km
- Derwent Edge and Back Tor via the Hurkling Stones - 2.3km
- A Walk Around the Derwent Watershed - 2.7km
- A View of Ladybower Reservoir Walk - 3.1km
- Win Hill Walk from Ladybower Reservoir - 3.4km
- Dale Dike Reservoir and Ughill Moor Walk - 3.5km
- Alport Castles Walk from Ladybower - 4.8km
- A Walk in the Derwent Valley - 4.8km
Pubs and Cafes Nearby:
Walk Along Derwent Edge to Back Tor Details
This walk, from a lay-by high on the A57 takes you along the Derwent Edge and on to the summit of Back Tor. The route then descends via the Foulstone Road track to Strines and Dale Dike Reservoirs. A final ascent is needed to return to the start of the walk.
A Local Expert walking route from Bradfield Walkers are Welcome in the Peak District.
Click here to view the full description.