|11.6 km||529 m|
Calculate the time using Naismith’s Rule and factor in your own pace.
Start and Finish:
Check out the businesses nearby for more places to stay and drink.
Public Transport: Traveline for UK Public Transport
Parking and Post Code for Sat Nav (where applicable):
Check out our Best Mountain Weather Forecast?
Nether Tor and the Edges of the Kinder Plateau from Edale Route Map and GPX Download
- Mam Tor and Rushup Edge Walk from Edale - 0.0km
- Two Days in the Peak District – Kinder Scout and Mam Tor - 0.0km
- Kinder Scout Moorland Edge Walk - 0.0km
- Walk up Kinder Scout from Edale - 0.3km
- Circular Low Level Edale Walk - 0.3km
- Walk up Kinder Scout from Edale via Grindsbrook Clough - 0.3km
- Edale Valley Tough MTB Route - 1.0km
- Walk up Mam Tor from Castleton - 3.7km
Pubs and Cafes Nearby:
Nether Tor and the Edges of the Kinder Plateau from Edale Details
While there’s some satisfaction (you could call it that!) to navigating across the Kinder Plateau, the best walking is along the edges. There are more views, interesting rock formations, and let’s be honest here; it’s a darn sight easier than crossing the giant growbag in the middle!
This route stars in Edale, and ascends the zig-zag path up towards Ringing Roger and Nether Tor. It continues along good paths on the plateau edge before descending Crowden Clough to Upper Booth. The route follows the Pennine Way back to Edale, and just happens to pass the pub – though not sure if the words ‘pass’ and ‘pub’ are compatible with any outing we’ve been on.
Click here to view the full description in a new window (external site).