|12.3 km||486 m|
Calculate the time using Naismith’s Rule and factor in your own pace.
Start and Finish:
Check out the businesses nearby for more places to stay and drink.
Public Transport: Traveline for UK Public Transport
Parking and Post Code for Sat Nav (where applicable):
Check out our Best Mountain Weather Forecast?
Kinder Scout Moorland Edge Walk Route Map and GPX Download
- Mam Tor and Rushup Edge Walk from Edale - 0.0km
- Nether Tor and the Edges of the Kinder Plateau from Edale - 0.0km
- Two Days in the Peak District – Kinder Scout and Mam Tor - 0.0km
- Walk up Kinder Scout from Edale - 0.3km
- Circular Low Level Edale Walk - 0.3km
- Walk up Kinder Scout from Edale via Grindsbrook Clough - 0.3km
- Edale Valley Tough MTB Route - 1.0km
- Walk up Mam Tor from Castleton - 3.7km
Pubs and Cafes Nearby:
Kinder Scout Moorland Edge Walk Details
This route from Edale follows the Pennine Way initially as far as Edale Cross, before following the good path along the edge of the Kinder Plateau. It then descends to Edale via Grindsbrook Clough.
The rock sculptures, such as the Wool Packs, are a particular feature of this route, and can be quite unnerving in thick mist if not expected! There’s also extensive restoration work being undertaken to restore the peat bog habitat.
Click here to view the full description and download the route in a new window (external site). The link to the ‘vision’ doesn’t work on the NT site, so there’s the NT High Peak Moors Vision and Plan