|9.7 km||379 m|
Calculate the time using Naismith’s Rule and factor in your own pace.
Start and Finish:
Public Transport: Traveline for UK Public Transport
Parking and Post Code for Sat Nav (where applicable):
Check out our Best Mountain Weather Forecast?
Mam Tor and Rushup Edge Walk from Edale Route Map and GPX Download
- Nether Tor and the Edges of the Kinder Plateau from Edale - 0.0km
- Two Days in the Peak District – Kinder Scout and Mam Tor - 0.0km
- Kinder Scout Moorland Edge Walk - 0.0km
- Walk up Kinder Scout from Edale - 0.3km
- Circular Low Level Edale Walk - 0.3km
- Walk up Kinder Scout from Edale via Grindsbrook Clough - 0.3km
- Edale Valley Tough MTB Route - 1.0km
- Walk up Mam Tor from Castleton - 3.7km
Pubs and Cafes Nearby:
Mam Tor and Rushup Edge Walk from Edale Details
While the highest point of the Peak District lies on the opposite side of Edale on Kinder Scout, Mam Tor and Rushup Edge are much more ‘peaky’ and arguably more popular with walkers.
Green, grasssy and steep; they could hardly be more different to the grit, peat and plateaus of Kinder Scout. This is an easy ish walk that could easily be extended towards Kinder over Brown Knoll to complete the Edale Round or Circuit.
Click here to view the full description and download the route in a new window (external site).