|27.8 km||1039 m|
Calculate the time using Naismith’s Rule and factor in your own pace.
Start and Finish:
Check out the businesses nearby for more places to stay and drink.
Public Transport: Traveline for UK Public Transport
Parking and Post Code for Sat Nav (where applicable):
Check out our Best Mountain Weather Forecast?
Two Days in the Peak District – Kinder Scout and Mam Tor Route Map and GPX Download
- Mam Tor and Rushup Edge Walk from Edale - 0.0km
- Nether Tor and the Edges of the Kinder Plateau from Edale - 0.0km
- Kinder Scout Moorland Edge Walk - 0.0km
- Walk up Kinder Scout from Edale - 0.3km
- Circular Low Level Edale Walk - 0.3km
- Walk up Kinder Scout from Edale via Grindsbrook Clough - 0.3km
- Edale Valley Tough MTB Route - 1.0km
- Walk up Mam Tor from Castleton - 3.7km
Pubs and Cafes Nearby:
Two Days in the Peak District – Kinder Scout and Mam Tor Details
If you want to make the most of a weekend trip to the Peak District, then this route on the National Trust website is just the thing. You could, of course, walk it in one tough day!
Starting off from the railway station at Edale, you start off by following the Pennine Way, up Jacob’s Ladder to Kinder Low. It’s then back down to Edale, with a refreshment stop at the Nag’s Head before beginning uphill once more, over Hollins Cross and down to Castleton.
The second day continues by ascending Winnats Pass and Mam Tor (or rather almost Mam Tor) and finishes off by descending Lose Hill to Hope and the train home.