Easy circular walk in the Edale Valley starting from the railway station
|5.5 km||131 m||2 hours|
Calculate the time using Naismith’s Rule and factor in your own pace.
Start and Finish: Edale Railway Station
Pubs and cafes in Edale.
Railway station is the recommended public transport for this walk.Traveline for UK Public Transport
Parking and Post Code for Sat Nav (where applicable):
NT Car park
Check out our Best Mountain Weather Forecast?
Circular Low Level Edale Walk Route Map and GPX Download
Summits and Places on this Route
- Walk up Kinder Scout from Edale - 0.1km
- Walk up Kinder Scout from Edale via Grindsbrook Clough - 0.1km
- Mam Tor and Rushup Edge Walk from Edale - 0.3km
- Nether Tor and the Edges of the Kinder Plateau from Edale - 0.3km
- Two Days in the Peak District – Kinder Scout and Mam Tor - 0.3km
- Kinder Scout Moorland Edge Walk - 0.3km
- Edale Valley Tough MTB Route - 0.9km
- Walk up Mam Tor from Castleton - 3.5km
Pubs and Cafes Nearby:
Circular Low Level Edale Walk Details
This is an easy circular walk from the National Trust that starts from the Edale railway station in the Peak District. Following the Pennine Way from the train station, this easy walk takes you along the Edale valley to Upper Booth. It’s then a short descent to Barber Booth before a return along the valley, along the railway line, back to the start.
While it’s a short walk, you could also use this route in order to travel along the valley bottom to return from one of the many other walks up the nearby hills.
More information about this low level circular walk can be found on the National Trust website – The Vale of Edale, the Penny Pot Cafe, and the Pennine Way