|12.7 km||455 m|
Calculate the time using Naismith’s Rule and factor in your own pace.
Start and Finish:
Check out the businesses nearby for more places to stay and drink.
Public Transport: Traveline for UK Public Transport
Parking and Post Code for Sat Nav (where applicable):
Check out our Best Mountain Weather Forecast?
Higher Shelf Stones from Old Glossop Route Map and GPX Download
- Bleaklow Head Circuit from Old Glossop via Doctor’s Gate - 0.0km
- Wildboar Clough, Bleaklow, and Black Hill - 4.6km
- Walk up Kinder Scout from Hayfield - 7.8km
- Mam Tor and Rushup Edge Walk from Edale - 12.0km
- Nether Tor and the Edges of the Kinder Plateau from Edale - 12.0km
- Two Days in the Peak District – Kinder Scout and Mam Tor - 12.0km
- Kinder Scout Moorland Edge Walk - 12.0km
- The Gritstone Trail North – Disley to Tegg’s Nose - 12.1km
Pubs and Cafes Nearby:
Higher Shelf Stones from Old Glossop Details
While Bleaklow may well be the most common target for a days’ walking in these parts, there are other options. This route avoids as much bogs on the top as it can, instead keeping to the cliff tops for a more open alternative. The crags and sculpted rocks are the star of this walk, rather than the bogs!
There’s also no official path on this route, so rather than the Pennine Way Motorway to Bleaklow, you’ll be able to explore a bit more. Though you’ll certainly pay for that by having some tough nav if the clag comes down!
Click here to view the full description and of the route in a new window (external site).