Peveril Castle, Cavedale and Caverns Walk
|9.5 km||289 m|
Calculate the time using Naismith’s Rule and factor in your own pace.
Start and Finish:
Check out the businesses nearby for more places to stay and drink.
Public Transport: Traveline for UK Public Transport
Parking and Post Code for Sat Nav (where applicable):
Check out our Best Mountain Weather Forecast?
Peveril Castle, Cavedale and Caverns Walk Route Map and GPX Download
Summits and Places on this Route
- Win Hill Walk From Castleton - 0.0km
- Walk up Mam Tor from Castleton - 0.2km
- A Win Hill MTB Circuit - 2.1km
- Win Hill Walk From Hope Village - 2.2km
- Lose Hill and Mam Tor Walk from Hope - 2.2km
- Walk up Kinder Scout from Edale - 3.5km
- Circular Low Level Edale Walk - 3.6km
- Walk up Kinder Scout from Edale via Grindsbrook Clough - 3.6km
Pubs and Cafes Nearby:
Peveril Castle, Cavedale and Caverns Walk Details
Peveril Castle is an impressive fortress that makes use of the sheer Cavedale Cliffs as part of it’s defences. This walk start from Castleton, under Peveril Castle and along Cavedale.
And if that’s not enough caves for one day, visits numerous caverns (Blue John Cavern, Treak Cliff Cavern, Speedwell Cavern, and Peak Caverns) on the return route.
Click here to view the full description and download the route in a new window (external site).