|13.5 km||382 m|
Calculate the time using Naismith’s Rule and factor in your own pace.
Start and Finish:
Check out the businesses nearby for more places to stay and drink.
Public Transport: Traveline for UK Public Transport
Parking and Post Code for Sat Nav (where applicable):
Check out our Best Mountain Weather Forecast?
Win Hill Walk From Castleton Route Map and GPX Download
- Peveril Castle, Cavedale and Caverns Walk - 0.0km
- Walk up Mam Tor from Castleton - 0.2km
- A Win Hill MTB Circuit - 2.1km
- Win Hill Walk From Hope Village - 2.2km
- Lose Hill and Mam Tor Walk from Hope - 2.2km
- Walk up Kinder Scout from Edale - 3.5km
- Circular Low Level Edale Walk - 3.6km
- Walk up Kinder Scout from Edale via Grindsbrook Clough - 3.6km
Pubs and Cafes Nearby:
Win Hill Walk From Castleton Details
This is a route steeped in history, following in the footsteps of Roman, Celtic and Saxon warriors when this area was much less peaceful. The fortress at Peveril Castle is testament to that, as are the names of Win and Lose Hills on the opposite side of the Hope Valley. While there are alternative theories, one is that each peak was used as a camp for the opposing armies of King Edwin of Northumbria and Cuicholm the King of Essex. Edwin won, and his hill was named Win Hill.
Click here to view the full description and download the route in a new window (external site).