Chrome Hill Walk from Axe Edge Moor
|12.9 km||384 m|
Calculate the time using Naismith’s Rule and factor in your own pace.
Start and Finish:
Check out the businesses nearby for more places to stay and drink.
Public Transport: Traveline for UK Public Transport
Parking and Post Code for Sat Nav (where applicable):
Check out our Best Mountain Weather Forecast?
Chrome Hill Walk from Axe Edge Moor Route Map and GPX Download
- Shining Tor, Dane Valley, and Shutlingsloe - 3.9km
- Shutlingsloe Walk - 5.2km
- A Walk Around The Roaches, Lud’s Church, Hen Cloud, and Ramshaw Rocks - 5.4km
- Shining Tor from Errwood Reservoir - 5.6km
- The Monsal Trail – Walk and Cycle Route in the Peak District - 7.4km
- Shutlingsloe Walk from Macclesfield Forest - 7.5km
- An Easy Walk to Cat’s Tor - 7.7km
- The Roaches and Lud’s Church Walk - 8.3km
Pubs and Cafes Nearby:
Chrome Hill Walk from Axe Edge Moor Details
This route starts off on the A53 high above Buxton, with the route’s summit somewhat downhill.
Chrome hill is a striking hill, and while it’s not worthy of a spot height (has a contour at 425m) but certainly worthy for a walk. There are only permissive paths to this hill – while the hill itself is an island of access land with no legal way to reach it! One of the vagaries of the open access legislation. There are shorter, more direct routes, while this one makes a half day of it.
Click here to view the full description and download the route in a new window (external site).