|29 km||920 m|
Calculate the time using Naismith’s Rule and factor in your own pace.
Start and Finish:
Check out the businesses nearby for more places to stay and drink.
Public Transport: Traveline for UK Public Transport
Parking and Post Code for Sat Nav (where applicable):
Check out our Best Mountain Weather Forecast?
Shining Tor, Dane Valley, and Shutlingsloe Route Map and GPX Download
Summits and Places on this Route
- Shutlingsloe Walk - 2.1km
- Shining Tor from Errwood Reservoir - 3.2km
- Chrome Hill Walk from Axe Edge Moor - 3.9km
- Shutlingsloe Walk from Macclesfield Forest - 4.1km
- An Easy Walk to Cat’s Tor - 4.7km
- Gritstone Trail Central – Tegg’s Nose to Timbersbrook - 5.3km
- Riding the Ridges Mountain Bike Route - 5.5km
- Grit and Gears II Mountain Bike Route - 5.5km
Pubs and Cafes Nearby:
Shining Tor, Dane Valley, and Shutlingsloe Details
Mark Barrett of hillexplorer.com shares his walking route in the Peak District that covers a fair amount of ground! Starting at the Cat & Fiddle Inn, the route heads across moorland to join the Dane Valley Way, and passes the popular Pannier’s Pool at Three Shires Head before heading up and over the ‘Matterhorn of Cheshire’ – Shutlingsloe. The route then cuts through Macclesfield Forest before finishing off with an ascent of Shining Tor for some outstanding views. It’s a long walk at 18 miles but well worth the effort.
For the full route description, follow this link to the Shining Tor, Dane Valley, and Shutlingsloe walk on the HillExplorer website. Images and GPX files used with permission of the route author.