Drygarn Fawr From Caban Coch Reservoir
Remote walk to Drygarn Fawr in Mid Wales.
|12.9 km||401 m|
Calculate the time using Naismith’s Rule and factor in your own pace.
Start and Finish: Caban Coch Reservoir
None nearby, but all the usual facilities in nearby Rhayadr.
Public Transport: Traveline for UK Public Transport
Parking and Post Code for Sat Nav (where applicable):
Check out our Best Mountain Weather Forecast?
Drygarn Fawr From Caban Coch Reservoir Route Map and GPX Download
- Walk around Garreg Ddu Reservoir - 2.5km
- Craig Cnwch Walk from Elan Village - 4.1km
- Y Gamriw from Llanwrthwl - 7.5km
- The Trans Cambrian Way Day 2 - 9.5km
- The Elan Valley Trail - 9.5km
- Walk up Drygarn Fawr a Rhiwnant from Dolgoch Hostel - 10.9km
- Walk Around Garn Dwad From Llanwrtyd Wells - 14.9km
- The Trans Cambrian Way Day 3 - 19.3km
Pubs and Cafes Nearby:
Drygarn Fawr From Caban Coch Reservoir Details
This is a short route, but takes you to the highest point in the Elenydd, Drygarn Fawr at 641m in height.
The going isn’t easy, with some off path navigation and peat bogs to negotiate. At least there are a few huge cairns on the summit that make it easier to find in mist.
In light of it’s isolated position, the views are extensive. From the Preseli to the Beacons and then towards Pumlumon and the hills of Southern Snowdonia on a good day.
Click here to view the full description and download a printable route guide and map.