Slate Valleys Path – Nantlle and Y Fron
|7.1 km||220 m|
Calculate the time using Naismith’s Rule and factor in your own pace.
Start and Finish:
Check out the businesses nearby for more places to stay and drink.
Public Transport: Traveline for UK Public Transport
Parking and Post Code for Sat Nav (where applicable):
Check out our Best Mountain Weather Forecast?
Slate Valleys Path – Nantlle and Y Fron Route Map and GPX Download
Summits and Places on this Route
- Mynydd Mawr From y Fron via Craig y Bera - 1.5km
- Mynydd Cilgwyn from y Fron - 1.5km
- Slate Valleys Path – Clogwyn Melyn - 2.1km
- Slate Valleys Path – Tanyrallt and Llanllyfni - 2.1km
- Slate Valleys Path – Llanllyfni and Nebo - 2.1km
- Craig Cwm Silyn – Along The Cliff’s Edge - 2.7km
- Four Valleys Path - 3.9km
- Mynydd Mawr from Rhosgadfan Trip Report - 4.1km
Pubs and Cafes Nearby:
Slate Valleys Path – Nantlle and Y Fron Details
The route starts off in the hamlet of Nantlle, with it’s lake and views of Snowdon being both scenic and little known compared to the honeypots elsewhere in the park which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. The start is relatively unspoilt, but you do walk through the industrial archaeology of the quarries along the flanks of Mynydd Cilgwyn and on your return to the start. There are no facilities on or near the route, you’ll need to visit Talysarn or Rhyd Ddu for a pub for instance.
The highlight of the route is the view of the Nantlle Ridge on the far side of the valley.