Radnor Forest, Black Mixen and Whimble Walk from New Radnor
|12.2 km||486 m||4 hours 30min|
Calculate the time using Naismith’s Rule and factor in your own pace.
Start and Finish: New Radnor
Check out the businesses nearby for more places to stay and drink.
Public Transport: Traveline for UK Public Transport
Parking and Post Code for Sat Nav (where applicable):
Check out our Best Mountain Weather Forecast?
Radnor Forest, Black Mixen and Whimble Walk from New Radnor Route Map and GPX Download
- Walk to the Bache Hill Burial Cairns - 0.2km
- A Ramble up Gwaunceste Hill and Cwm Cest in the Radnor Forest - 4.9km
- Colva Hill MTB Circuit from Gladestry - 6.0km
- Gladestry Epic MTB Circuit - 6.0km
- Hergest Ridge MTB Route from Kington - 9.4km
- Kington to Titley Mountain Bike Circuit - 9.5km
- Offa’s Dyke and Hergest Ridge Kington MTB Route - 9.5km
- Hergest Ridge and Beyond Epic MTB Route - 9.5km
Pubs and Cafes Nearby:
Radnor Forest, Black Mixen and Whimble Walk from New Radnor Details
This route takes you on a walk into Radnor Forest, onto the Summit of Black Mixen from New Radnor. While the route doesn’t go directly over the Whimble, it’s only a short diversion to that summit. Beware that the walk borders MOD land, so precautions necessary!
Click here to view the full description and download a printable route guide and map.