Walk to the Bache Hill Burial Cairns
|10.7 km||459 m|
Calculate the time using Naismith’s Rule and factor in your own pace.
Start and Finish:
Check out the businesses nearby for more places to stay and drink.
Public Transport: Traveline for UK Public Transport
Parking and Post Code for Sat Nav (where applicable):
Check out our Best Mountain Weather Forecast?
Walk to the Bache Hill Burial Cairns Route Map and GPX Download
Summits and Places on this Route
- Radnor Forest, Black Mixen and Whimble Walk from New Radnor - 0.2km
- A Ramble up Gwaunceste Hill and Cwm Cest in the Radnor Forest - 4.7km
- Colva Hill MTB Circuit from Gladestry - 5.9km
- Gladestry Epic MTB Circuit - 5.9km
- Kington to Titley Mountain Bike Circuit - 9.6km
- Offa’s Dyke and Hergest Ridge Kington MTB Route - 9.6km
- Hergest Ridge MTB Route from Kington - 9.6km
- Hergest Ridge and Beyond Epic MTB Route - 9.6km
Pubs and Cafes Nearby:
Walk to the Bache Hill Burial Cairns Details
The Radnor hills are the only 600m hills in Mid Wales outside the Cambrian Mountains, and their rounded humps relatively seldom visited.
This walk takes in the historic burial cairns on Bache Hill and Whimble, but could be extended to include the Black MIxen and Great Rhos if you wanted to bag these summits while you’re at it. Be aware that ther’s a firing range in the valley below, which this route keeps well clear of.
Click here to view the full description and download a printable route guide and map.
With further archaeological walks on the following page – http://www.cpat.org.uk/walks/