Knighton to Bucknell via Offa’s Dyke and Stow Hill
|15 km||466 m|
Calculate the time using Naismith’s Rule and factor in your own pace.
Start and Finish:
Check out the businesses nearby for more places to stay and drink.
Public Transport: Traveline for UK Public Transport
Parking and Post Code for Sat Nav (where applicable):
Check out our Best Mountain Weather Forecast?
Knighton to Bucknell via Offa’s Dyke and Stow Hill Route Map and GPX Download
Summits and Places on this Route
- The Trans Cambrian Way Day 1 - 0.6km
- Edge of the Kingdom Offa’s Dyke Walk - 4.1km
- Offfa’s Dyke Circular Walk from Bucknell - 6.5km
- River Redlake and Teme Walk from Bucknell - 6.5km
- Caer Caradoc from Bucknell - 6.6km
- Hopton Castle - 6.6km
- Bucknell and Stowe Hill - 6.6km
- Shropshire Way 3 Clun to Craven Arms - 8.4km
Pubs and Cafes Nearby:
Knighton to Bucknell via Offa’s Dyke and Stow Hill Details
This is border country, make no mistake.
Setting off from Knighton, along the Offa’s Dyke, you’re just about in Wales but not for long. Even the railway station is in England.
The National Trail keeps you company for a few kilometres before you follow ancient ways across Stow Hill and down to Bucknell.
There’s a train service between both ends of the route, so the linear nature poses no problems.