|17 km||407 m|
Calculate the time using Naismith’s Rule and factor in your own pace.
Start and Finish:
Check out the businesses nearby for more places to stay and drink.
Public Transport: Traveline for UK Public Transport
Parking and Post Code for Sat Nav (where applicable):
Check out our Best Mountain Weather Forecast?
Jack Mytton Way 7 from Roman Bank to Wheathill Route Map and GPX Download
Summits and Places on this Route
- Walk Over Wenlock Edge - 4.9km
- Walk up Caer Caradoc Hill from Church Stretton - 5.5km
- Acton Scott Amble - 6.6km
- Ragleth Hill from Acton Scott - 6.6km
- Bury Ditches walk from Brockton - 6.6km
- Shropshire Way 8 Church Stretton to Bridges - 6.7km
- Shropshire Way 8a Longmynd - 6.7km
- The Portway – Church Stretton to Pulverbatch - 6.9km
Pubs and Cafes Nearby:
Jack Mytton Way 7 from Roman Bank to Wheathill Details
The third section in the Jack Mytton Way circular route from Roman Bank to Wheathill across the slopes of Brown Clee Hill.
The Jack Mytton Way is a series of bridlepaths in the Shropshire countryside named after Mad Jack Hytton. A legend who earned the epitaph ‘Mad’ by attepting to leap a toll gate with a carriaged horse, among other things. Today’s rider or cyclist won’t need to go to that extreme however, as all the track is along public roads and bridleways. You can choose from the Linear or the Circular options.
Click here to view the full description and download route leaflets.
Alternatively, click here to view the route homepage and access a full overview map of the Jack Mytton Way