A circular walk up Waun Fach from the Dragon’s Back pub.
|11.7 km||606 m||4-5 hours|
Calculate the time using Naismith’s Rule and factor in your own pace.
Start and Finish: The Dragon's Back pub on the A479
Dragon’s Back pub at walk’s start.
The high plateau of Waun Fach is no place for the inexperienced in poor visibility.
None of note – one bus each way on a Tuesday and Thursday – X12Traveline for UK Public Transport
Parking and Post Code for Sat Nav (where applicable):
Check out our Best Mountain Weather Forecast?
Walk up Waun Fach via Y Grib Route Map and GPX Download
- Llanthony to Capel-y-ffin Easy Walk - 11.6km
- Black Mountains Walk from Llanthony – Vale of Ewyas Horseshoe - 11.6km
- On the Taff Trail from Talybont on Usk to Brecon - 12.8km
- Pen y Fan – Brecon Beacons and Taff Trail Walk from Brecon - 12.9km
- Pen y Fan and Brecon Beacons via the Cwm Llwch horseshoe walk - 13.4km
- Black Hill and Offa’s Dyke - 13.8km
- Walk up the Sugar Loaf or Y Fal from Mynydd Llanwenarth - 16.0km
- Llanbedr Hill MTB route from Painscastle - 16.7km
Pubs and Cafes Nearby:
Walk up Waun Fach via Y Grib Details
The summit plateau of Waun Fach in the Black Mountains is mostly peat bog, with only the base of the trig point now remaining, hardly fitting for the highest point in the Black Mountains. It makes up for this with some wonderful approaches, such as the Grib ridge which this route ascends.
Click here to view the full description and download a printable route guide and map.