|13 km||444 m|
Calculate the time using Naismith’s Rule and factor in your own pace.
Start and Finish:
Check out the businesses nearby for more places to stay and drink.
Public Transport: Traveline for UK Public Transport
Parking and Post Code for Sat Nav (where applicable):
Check out our Best Mountain Weather Forecast?
Black Hill and Offa’s Dyke Route Map and GPX Download
Summits and Places on this Route
- Llanthony to Capel-y-ffin Easy Walk - 3.6km
- Black Mountains Walk from Llanthony – Vale of Ewyas Horseshoe - 3.6km
- Walk up Waun Fach via Y Grib - 13.8km
- Walk up the Sugar Loaf or Y Fal from Mynydd Llanwenarth - 14.5km
- Walk up Ysgyryd Fawr - 17.0km
- Llanbedr Hill MTB route from Painscastle - 21.3km
- Twm Tobacco’s Grave – epic MTB route - 21.3km
- Colva Hill MTB Circuit from Gladestry - 26.0km
Pubs and Cafes Nearby:
Black Hill and Offa’s Dyke Details
A walk in the Black Mountains of the Brecon Beacons from the English side that follows the England/Wales border, hardly stepping more than a few metres into Wales. The highlight of the route is the narrow Cat’s Back sandstone ridge that ascends to Black Hill.
Click here to view the full description and download a printable route guide and map.