On the Taff Trail from Talybont on Usk to Brecon
Canalside cycle or walk.
|11.5 km||77 m||Couple of hours on a bike one way.|
Calculate the time using Naismith’s Rule and factor in your own pace.
Start and Finish: Brecon - Talybont-on-Usk
Pub every 100m or so!
Public Transport: Traveline for UK Public Transport
Parking and Post Code for Sat Nav (where applicable):
Check out our Best Mountain Weather Forecast?
On the Taff Trail from Talybont on Usk to Brecon Route Map and GPX Download
Summits and Places on this Route
- Pen y Fan – Brecon Beacons and Taff Trail Walk from Brecon - 0.5km
- Pen y Fan and Brecon Beacons via the Cwm Llwch horseshoe walk - 1.8km
- Glyn Tarell from Storey Arms - 10.2km
- Pen y Fan Walk from Storey Arms - 10.2km
- Walk up Fan Frynych and Craig Cerrig Gleision - 10.5km
- Pen y Fan and Corn Du Brecon Beacons Walk - 10.8km
- Fan y Big Waterfalls and Ridges Walk - 10.8km
- Brecon Beacons Horseshoe Walk from Cwm Taf Fechan - 11.8km
Pubs and Cafes Nearby:
On the Taff Trail from Talybont on Usk to Brecon Details
The Taff Trail is an easy bike ride or ramble along the Monmouthshire and Brecon Canal at this section, with the option of taking it easy with pubs at every corner. Ok, not quite but there’s more than enough refreshments on the way.
If you’re doing this on your bike then you’ll need to be aware of the low bridges that you need to dismount for, and make sure you’re steady on that bike as a slightly wobbly technique could see you in the drink rather than enjoying one!
The route is detailed as part of this walk over the Brecon Beacons.