Wales Coast Path Circular Walks Gwynedd – Rhiw
|3.1 km||145 m|
Calculate the time using Naismith’s Rule and factor in your own pace.
Start and Finish:
Check out the businesses nearby for more places to stay and drink.
Public Transport: Traveline for UK Public Transport
Parking and Post Code for Sat Nav (where applicable):
Check out our Best Mountain Weather Forecast?
Wales Coast Path Circular Walks Gwynedd – Rhiw Route Map and GPX Download
Summits and Places on this Route
Wales Coast Path Circular Walks Gwynedd – Rhiw Details
Although Mynydd Rhiw rises steeply from Porth Neigwl (also known as Hell’s Mouth), this isn’t a mountain path, but rather an enjoyable circular walk on the south-easterly hillside. It offers spectacular views of Porth Neigwl and the bay and the Snowdonia Mountains in the distance, and follows an assortment of paths through small fields and roads sheltered by the woods of Plas yn Rhiw – an old manor house now owned by the National Trust – and located in the Llŷn Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- Approx. distance: 4.3 km/2.7 miles.
- Approx. time: 2hrs.
- OS Map: 1:25 000 scale Explorer Map 253.
- Start/finish: Plas yn Rhiw car park, SH237 283.
Featured Image with kind permission – Cyngor Gwynedd Council.
Dave also established Walk up Snowdon, Walk up Scafell Pike and Walk up Ben Nevis just to mention a few.
Latest posts by Dave Roberts (see all)
- Keen Men’s Karraig Boot Review - June 14, 2019
- Navigation Skills 3 – What’s the best map for walking? - June 3, 2019
- Best Walks from Ladybower Reservoir and the Upper Derwent Valley - February 23, 2019