Wales Coast Path Circular Walks Gwynedd – Aberdaron
|14 km||395 m|
Calculate the time using Naismith’s Rule and factor in your own pace.
Start and Finish:
Check out the businesses nearby for more places to stay and drink.
Public Transport: Traveline for UK Public Transport
Parking and Post Code for Sat Nav (where applicable):
Check out our Best Mountain Weather Forecast?
Wales Coast Path Circular Walks Gwynedd – Aberdaron Route Map and GPX Download
Summits and Places on this Route
Wales Coast Path Circular Walks Gwynedd – Aberdaron Details
The Wales Coast Path is a wonderful linear walk, but we often want circular day walks. Cyngor Gwynedd are developing a number of circular walks along the Wales Coast path, with this circular route from Aberdaron being one of the first in place.
This walk covers all the diversity of Llŷn and its Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. You will discover the peninsula’s coastal paths – both north and south, embark on a gradual climb along the slopes of Mynydd Anelog which offers fantastic panoramic views, before returning through agricultural farmland and along the small valley of Afon Daron.
- Approx. distance: 15 km/9.3 miles.
- Approx. time: 5hrs.
- OS Map: 1:25 000 scale Explorer Map 253.
- Start/finish: Aberdaron car park, SH172 264.
Dave also established Walk up Snowdon, Walk up Scafell Pike and Walk up Ben Nevis just to mention a few.
Latest posts by Dave Roberts (see all)
- Keen Men’s Karraig Boot Review - June 14, 2019
- Navigation Skills 3 – What’s the best map for walking? - June 3, 2019
- Best Walks from Ladybower Reservoir and the Upper Derwent Valley - February 23, 2019