|44.6 km||2214 m|
Calculate the time using Naismith’s Rule and factor in your own pace.
Start and Finish:
Check out the businesses nearby for more places to stay and drink.
Public Transport: Traveline for UK Public Transport
Parking and Post Code for Sat Nav (where applicable):
Check out our Best Mountain Weather Forecast?
The Snowdon Coast to Coast Challenge Route Map and GPX Download
Summits and Places on this Route
- Lon Las Fenai Cycle Route - 0.1km
- Walk the Wales Coast Path From Caernarfon to Clynnog The Alternative Coastal Route - 0.1km
- Rownd Foryd - 0.3km
- Tryfan Junction from Caernarfon - 0.3km
- Walk the Wales Coast Path From Caernarfon to Clynnog - 0.3km
- Lon Gwyrfai Rough Route - 0.4km
- Caernarfon to Llanberis Hilly Run - 0.4km
- Lon Eifion and Lon Gwyrfai - 0.4km
- The Black Boy Inn - 0.3km
- Snowdonia Bunkhouse - 13.5km
- Yr Efail Swynol The Enchanted Forge Holiday Cottage - 15.6km
- Snowdonia Mountain Hostel - 15.7km
- Summit to Savour - 18.1km
Pubs and Cafes Nearby:
The Snowdon Coast to Coast Challenge Details
Here’s a realistic challenge that won’t leave you feeling like you’ve fallen down three flights of stairs for the following week.
Coast to coast challenges have a special appeal to them, as do the highest points. Combine them and you’ve got the Snowdon Coast to Coast from Caernarfon to Penrhyndeudraeth (or continue onwards to Porthmadog, returning to the start via the WHR). The best thing about this is that the peaks left over from the Snowdon range are Lliwedd and Crib Goch, ripe for the climbing by completing the classic Snowdon Horseshoe!
The route starts at sea level in Caernarfon, before following the Lon Gwyfai to Bwlch y Groes, just above Llanberis.
The route then follows the Moel Eilio ridge over towards the Snowdon Ranger, and the summit of Snowdon.
Descending the South Ridge, you’ve a final ascent over Yr Aran, before descending the wild Cwm yr Hyrddod to Beddgelert.
Finish with a punishing, and undulating 16km to the end, down the Aberglaslyn pass, over to Croeseor and finally down via the cool forests to Penrhyndeudraeth.