Shropshire Way 6 Coldgreen to Wilderhope
|18.2 km||459 m|
Calculate the time using Naismith’s Rule and factor in your own pace.
Start and Finish:
Check out the businesses nearby for more places to stay and drink.
Public Transport: Traveline for UK Public Transport
Parking and Post Code for Sat Nav (where applicable):
Check out our Best Mountain Weather Forecast?
Shropshire Way 6 Coldgreen to Wilderhope Route Map and GPX Download
Summits and Places on this Route
- Clee Hill and Abdon Walk - 5.3km
- Jack Mytton Way 1 from Cleobury Mortimer to Chelmarsh - 9.4km
- Shropshire Way 5 Ludlow to Coldgreen - 11.2km
- Bury Ditches walk from Brockton - 12.1km
- Jack Mytton Way 7 from Roman Bank to Wheathill - 12.2km
- Walk Over Wenlock Edge - 13.1km
- Jack Mytton Way 2 from Chelmarsh to Much Wenlock - 13.4km
- Acton Scott Amble - 16.5km
Pubs and Cafes Nearby:
Shropshire Way 6 Coldgreen to Wilderhope Details
Day 6 of the Shropshire Way agains serves up a hill first thing, with the summit of Brown Clee Hill at 540m, the highest point in Shropshire. This is a proper hilly day, across high moor, so hope for decent weather. The route ends in Wilderhope Manor YH – which has a bar, shop and cafe for you to recover and stock up. This is a National Trust owned Elizabethan manor house built in 1586
. with a rich and varied history, including it’s resident ghost. You can visit even if you’re not in the youth hostel (follow the link for more information)
The Shropshire hills are a convenient get away if you want a hilly walk but the mountains of Snowdonia and the Lakes are too far to travel for the weekend.
Click here to view the full description and download route leaflets and podcasts