Shropshire Way 5 Ludlow to Coldgreen
|17.1 km||597 m|
Calculate the time using Naismith’s Rule and factor in your own pace.
Start and Finish:
Check out the businesses nearby for more places to stay and drink.
Public Transport: Traveline for UK Public Transport
Parking and Post Code for Sat Nav (where applicable):
Check out our Best Mountain Weather Forecast?
Shropshire Way 5 Ludlow to Coldgreen Route Map and GPX Download
Summits and Places on this Route
- Leintwardine to Downton Castle Wak - 10.8km
- Shropshire Way 6 Coldgreen to Wilderhope - 11.2km
- Riverside Ramble- Craven Arms - 11.5km
- Callow Hill from Craven Arms - 11.5km
- The Three Trees Walk - 11.5km
- Walk on Wart Hill from Craven Arms - 11.6km
- Walk Over Wenlock Edge - 13.8km
- Jack Mytton Way 1 from Cleobury Mortimer to Chelmarsh - 15.6km
Pubs and Cafes Nearby:
Shropshire Way 5 Ludlow to Coldgreen Details
Day 5 of the Shropshire Way takes you steadily uphill to Titterstone Clee Hill and into quarrying country. At least you’ll be at the third highest point in the county at 533m and if the weather’s on your side, a view. The walk ends in the middle of nowhere – Coldgreen – and you may need to organise a taxi or try and find accommodation (the nearby Malt House Farm YH on the older maps is shut, surprise surprise!) though there is a pub here. So you’ll need to make sure you stock up in Ludlow before setting off.
The Shropshire hills are a convenient get away if you want a hilly walk but the mountains of Snowdonia and the Lakes are too far to travel for the weekend.
Click here to view the full description and download route leaflets and podcasts