Walk along the eastern end of the Brecon Beacons.
|13.7 km||469 m||6 hours|
Calculate the time using Naismith’s Rule and factor in your own pace.
Start and Finish: Blaen y Glyn Uchaf car park
Pubs in Pontsticill
Public Transport: Traveline for UK Public Transport
Parking and Post Code for Sat Nav (where applicable): CF48 2UT
Blaen y Glyn Uchaf car park
Check out our Best Mountain Weather Forecast?
Fan y Big Waterfalls and Ridges Walk Route Map and GPX Download
- Brecon Beacons Horseshoe Walk from Cwm Taf Fechan - 1.7km
- Pen y Fan and Corn Du Brecon Beacons Walk - 6.9km
- Glyn Tarell from Storey Arms - 7.8km
- Pen y Fan Walk from Storey Arms - 7.8km
- Walk up Fan Frynych and Craig Cerrig Gleision - 9.0km
- Pen y Fan and Brecon Beacons via the Cwm Llwch horseshoe walk - 9.1km
- On the Taff Trail from Talybont on Usk to Brecon - 10.8km
- Pen y Fan – Brecon Beacons and Taff Trail Walk from Brecon - 11.3km
Pubs and Cafes Nearby:
Fan y Big Waterfalls and Ridges Walk Details
While the crowds gather on Pen Y Fan, you may get a bit more solitude towards the less fashionable end of the Beacons. If not on Fan y Big (note only the one ‘n’, snigger, snigger) then towards the Kinder Scout like escarpments on Graig Fan Las.
Click here to read the full description..
For more walks up Pen y Fan, visit our All the Walking Routes up Pen y Fan article.