Brecon Beacons Horseshoe Walk from Cwm Taf Fechan
Classic horseshoe walk up Pen y Fan and the Brecon Beacons from Cwm Taf Fechan.
|12.2 km||605 m||5 hours|
Calculate the time using Naismith’s Rule and factor in your own pace.
Start and Finish: Cwm Taf Fechan
Pubs in Pontsticill
Public Transport: Traveline for UK Public Transport
Parking and Post Code for Sat Nav (where applicable): CF48 2UT
Pont Cwmfedwen car park
Check out our Best Mountain Weather Forecast?
Brecon Beacons Horseshoe Walk from Cwm Taf Fechan Route Map and GPX Download
Summits and Places on this Route
- Fan y Big Waterfalls and Ridges Walk - 1.7km
- Pen y Fan and Corn Du Brecon Beacons Walk - 6.0km
- Glyn Tarell from Storey Arms - 7.1km
- Pen y Fan Walk from Storey Arms - 7.1km
- Walk up Fan Frynych and Craig Cerrig Gleision - 8.3km
- Pen y Fan and Brecon Beacons via the Cwm Llwch horseshoe walk - 10.1km
- Brecon Beacons Waterfall Country Walk- Four Falls Trail to Sgwd yr Eira - 11.4km
- On the Taff Trail from Talybont on Usk to Brecon - 11.8km
Pubs and Cafes Nearby:
Brecon Beacons Horseshoe Walk from Cwm Taf Fechan Details
This walk up the main Brecon Beacon summits of Corn Du, Pen y Fan and Cribyn takes a quiet approach from the Cwm Taf Fechan forest up the Rhiw yr Ysgyfarnog ridge. After crossing over the main ridge, it then descends the wide Roman Road to the start.
Click here to view the full description and download a printable route guide and map.
For more walks up Pen y Fan, visit our All the Walking Routes up Pen y Fan article.