|9.1 km||1157 m|
Calculate the time using Naismith’s Rule and factor in your own pace.
Start and Finish:
Check out the businesses nearby for more places to stay and drink.
Public Transport: Traveline for UK Public Transport
Parking and Post Code for Sat Nav (where applicable):
Check out our Best Mountain Weather Forecast?
Walk up Lliwedd from Nant Gwynant Route Map and GPX Download
- Moel Meirch from Nant Gwynant - 0.0km
- Walk up Snowdon’s South Ridge from Nant Gwynant - 0.0km
- Cwm Llan Easier Walk or Trail Run - 0.1km
- Eryri Way Day 2 – Nant Gwynant to Capel Curig - 0.9km
- Moel Meirch and Llyn Edno from Nant Gwynant - 1.2km
- Snowdon via The Watkin Path - 1.2km
- An Easy Family Walk Around Llyn Dinas - 2.0km
- Cnicht and Allt Fawr from Gelli Iago. - 2.2km
Pubs and Cafes Nearby:
Walk up Lliwedd from Nant Gwynant Details
If you want to avoid the crowds for most of your walk, then this is one of the least obvious routes to Lliwedd and possibly on to Snowdon.
Starting off on the Watkin path with the hordes, you’ll soon be leaving them behind, probably shaking their heads at you as you’re clearly going the wrong way. You need to follow the Watkin Path from Nant Gwynant, initially through the woodland and then on the wide easy track that curves around on iself and into the lower reaches of Cwm Llan. The waterfalls are what we’re aiming for, and you can reach them most easily from the gate and down the wall at SH622 516.
|Route Start||Pen y Pass||OS Map Required||Public Transport||Sherpa buses plentiful. Parking extortionate – £10 a day|
|Route End||Pen y Pass||Difficulties?||Zig Zags are an accident blackspot when iced.||Facilities||Cafe, parking WC.|
The Route Up in Full on Walk up Snowdon