Shropshire Way 8 Church Stretton to Bridges
|11.5 km||349 m|
Calculate the time using Naismith’s Rule and factor in your own pace.
Start and Finish:
Check out the businesses nearby for more places to stay and drink.
Public Transport: Traveline for UK Public Transport
Parking and Post Code for Sat Nav (where applicable):
Check out our Best Mountain Weather Forecast?
Shropshire Way 8 Church Stretton to Bridges Route Map and GPX Download
Summits and Places on this Route
- Shropshire Way 8a Longmynd - 0.0km
- The Portway – Church Stretton to Pulverbatch - 0.5km
- Walk up Long Mynd from Church Stretton - 0.8km
- Walk up Caer Caradoc Hill from Church Stretton - 1.2km
- Acton Scott Amble - 3.6km
- Ragleth Hill from Acton Scott - 3.6km
- Walk Over Wenlock Edge - 6.2km
- Jack Mytton Way 7 from Roman Bank to Wheathill - 6.7km
Pubs and Cafes Nearby:
Shropshire Way 8 Church Stretton to Bridges Details
Day 8, the final leg of the Shropshire way takes us back to Bridges, where we started the walk, over Long Mynd. Church Stretton is a historical town, with remains from Iron Age through Roman and Norman around the town. It was also a popular destination with well to do Victorians who travelled there on the new fangled railways to partake of ‘the waters’.
For a more satisfying end to the walk, especially if you don’t have to return to the start, why not click here and follow the alternative end over Long Mynd to Craven Arms.
The Shropshire hills are a convenient get away if you want a hilly walk but the mountains of Snowdonia and the Lakes are too far to travel for the weekend.
Click here to view the full description and download route leaflets and podcasts