Foel Fenlli and Moel Famau Walk From Bwlch Pen Barras
Walk to Foel Fenlli and Moel Famau in the Clwydian Hills
|7.9 km||430 m||2 hours|
Calculate the time using Naismith’s Rule and factor in your own pace.
Start and Finish: Bwlch Pen Barra
The Hut at Bwlch Pen Barras serves hot drink and food. Open every day in the season, weekends only in winter.
noneTraveline for UK Public Transport
Parking and Post Code for Sat Nav (where applicable): CH7 5SH
At the bwlch
Check out our Best Mountain Weather Forecast?
Foel Fenlli and Moel Famau Walk From Bwlch Pen Barras Route Map and GPX Download
- Moel Famau from Bwlch Pen Barras - 0.0km
- Moel Famau Walk from Moel Famau Car Park - 1.1km
- Llanferres to Maeshafn Walk - 2.7km
- Moel Findeg from Loggerheads - 4.1km
- Loggerheads to Cilcain on the Leete Path - 4.1km
- Walk up Moel Famau from Loggerheads - 4.2km
- Bryn Alun from near Llanarmon-yn-ial - 4.2km
- Moel Gyw from Llanarmon-yn-ial - 5.3km
Pubs and Cafes Nearby:
Foel Fenlli and Moel Famau Walk From Bwlch Pen Barras Details
This circular walk up Moel Famau and Foel Fenlli in the Clwydian Range, starts off high up at Bwlch Penbarras so you’re on the summit of Foel Fenlli in no time. Foel Fenlli is yet another example of a hill fort in the Clwydian Range along with Moel Arthur and the nearby Penycloddiau.
The walk also follows the Offa’s Dyke National Trail for much of it’s duration, including the approach to Moel Famau from Foel Fenlli. That mans those sections are waymarked and reasonably easy to follow, though most of the route is along clear paths and shouldn’t be difficult to follow.
Click here to view the full description, download a printable route map and view the video.