New Autumn and Winter Boots From Mammut
It hit me on Sunday, on walking down from Snowdon with sodden feet that it’s now time to dry out and store those summer boots and get the tougher and more waterproof autumn ones out. You know they’ll be a tad heavier than your summer boots, although all bets are off if you’ve got wet feet.
Here’s a quick look at some new Mammut footwear, specially designed to fill the gap between summer and snow as well as the impressive looking Magic GTX® that’s good to -20ºC yet weighs in at 1720g for a size 8. Bring on the snow!
The T-Aenergy GTX seems to offer a decent balance between weight and features, with the option of more conservative colours as well as the awesome Spring-Basilic colourway shown below. We know which one we like!
We’ll be reviewing a pair soon, but here’s a preview in the meantime.
The Mammut T-Aenergy GTX builds on the highly successful Teton GTX and the T-Advanced is based on the T-Aenergy GTX, so the features are much the same:
- Outer fabric – T-Aenergy GTX: two tone PA; T-Advanced GTX: velours leather and textile
- Rubber toe cap – protects the front of the foot.
- Soft interior and robust exterior materials – easily adapts to the anatomy of the foot whilst still offering protection.
- EVA wedge with integrated Mammut Rolling Concept in the sole – offers a controlled and gentle stepping motion of the foot.
- Base Fit lacing system – ensures that the foot is safely secured within the boot.
- Memo Foam – cushions the instep, shinbone and ankle for optimum comfort.
- GORE-TEX Performance Comfort Footwear Membrane – keeps your feet dry and comfortable in wet weather.
- Vibram® Scale sole – offers maximum grip on wet, muddy terrain.
They weigh in at a respectable weight, with the T-Advanced GTX at 1247g per pair of mens UK 8.5 and 1059g per pair of womens UK 5.5 and will set you back £160 for the T-Aenergy GTX and £150 for the T-Advanced GTX.
The NEW Mammut Magic GTX® for men and women is the ultimate mountain boot offering a wealth of features as well as warmth down to minus 20 degrees thanks to its GORE-TEX® Insulated Comfort Footwear lining. Using the latest technology the Magic GTX® is great for mountain hiking or Via Ferrata as it provides the wearer with precision and safety on the trickiest of terrain.
The lightweight Magic GTX® [a men’s 8.5 weighs 1720g] uses a vibram® Maton sole along with a 3-layer wedge made from Poro, PU and TPU giving the wearer enhanced precision and comfort. Its high cut rubber rand offers protection on a variety of terrain and this boot can be used with a strap-on crampon.
The Magic GTX® Men’s or Women’s will set you back £220 and are available from Mammut Stockists nationwide: Call 01625 508218 or visit www.mammut.ch for further details.
Dave also established Walk up Snowdon, Walk up Scafell Pike and Walk up Ben Nevis just to mention a few.
Latest posts by Dave Roberts (see all)
- Keen Men’s Venture Leather WP Boot Review - September 29, 2019
- Best Walks from Castleton and Hope in the Peak District - September 15, 2019
- Keen Men’s Karraig Boot Review - June 14, 2019