Hardy People’s Poncho – First Look[Sassy_Social_Share]
Hardy People’s Poncho – First Look
Tryfan Williams brings us a super fresh, still in the Mud and Routes gear testing phase, first look at the Hardy People’s Poncho.
This Poncho sent to us by the People’s Poncho company, is from the Hardy range, which comes in a variety of colours including; Camouflage, Navy, Fisherman’s Yellow and Black (the version we’re testing).
Taking inspiration from China, the idea is to be able to continue your day popping form one place to the other without fear of getting wet, in fact the brand 雨伞 means ‘umbrella’ in Chinese!
This will be my first time using a poncho out on my outdoors adventures so it will be a new experience, I’m a little sceptical of using it out in the mountains, especially so if the wind picks up, but it seems perfect for those cycle commute rides on wet days!
BUT you’ll have to wait and see, because since it’s arrived through the post I’ve had to just look at it in the bottom of my pack as it’s been unusually dry for a December in Snowdonia. Not that you’ll hear a Welshman complaining about dry weather of course!
It packs into a waterproof sack when out of use, compact enough to come with you wherever your next adventure might take you, say in your work/commute pack, or in your walking pack.
Our mission is simple, keep you dry whilst you go about your outdoor adventures. From Cycling to Hiking and everything in between the peoples poncho is your ultimate accessory. . . Don’t let the weather stop you, we don’t!#STAYDRY
- One size
- o.4kg weight
- 3 Buttons either side of the poncho for a tapered fit.
- Hi-vis, fully reflective piping all round poncho to ensure visibility at night
- 100% waterproof zipped front pocket to store valuables
- Straps fitted on the inside to hook onto handlebars or over hands so legs are protected from rain if riding a bike
- Compact waterproof bag for ease of storage
- Peaked hood ensuring both comfort + protection from wind and rain.
So, I await some rainy walking days to fully test this poncho out, then I’ll bring you my full review . . . in the mean time keep an aye out on our social platforms for a chance to win one for yourself before Christmas!
Latest posts by Tryfan Williams (see all)
- How to Stand Up Paddleboard & Hike - July 20, 2018
- 5 tips for surviving winter walkies - February 9, 2018
- Hebridean Way Guidebook – Interview with Richard Barrett - August 10, 2017
Share This: [Sassy_Social_Share]