An excellent walk up Win Hill and along the southern shore of Ladybower Reservoir
|12.8 km||358 m||4 hours|
Calculate the time using Naismith’s Rule and factor in your own pace.
Start and Finish: Heatherdene Car Park to the north of Ladybower Reservoir Dam
Public Transport: Traveline for UK Public Transport
Parking and Post Code for Sat Nav (where applicable):
Check out our Best Mountain Weather Forecast?
Win Hill Walk from Ladybower Reservoir Route Map and GPX Download
- A Walk Around the Derwent Watershed - 0.9km
- Crook Hill, Lost Lad, and Derwent Edge - 2.1km
- Derwent Edge and Back Tor via the Hurkling Stones - 2.3km
- A View of Ladybower Reservoir Walk - 2.7km
- Win Hill Walk From Hope Village - 3.2km
- Lose Hill and Mam Tor Walk from Hope - 3.2km
- A Win Hill MTB Circuit - 3.3km
- Walk Along Derwent Edge to Back Tor - 3.4km
Pubs and Cafes Nearby:
Win Hill Walk from Ladybower Reservoir Details
There’s some excellent walking around the Upper Derwent Valley, and they don’t get much better than this walk up Win Hill from Ladybower Reservoir. Starting off from the Heatherdene Car Park the route heads off over the Ladybower Dam before heading south to Thornhill along the Derwent Valley Heritage Way. The route then heads up the south-western flanks of Win Hill ascending to the summit steeply.
The view from the summit is extensive, including a view over Ladybower Reservoir. It’s then north east along the moorland before descending down to join the Ladybower Reservoir Bridleway. This excellent track on the southern shore makes good going for the return leg back to Heatherdene.
A Local Expert Route from Allen Hudson.
Click here to view the full description.