Jack Mytton Way 2 from Chelmarsh to Much Wenlock
|25.6 km||390 m|
Calculate the time using Naismith’s Rule and factor in your own pace.
Start and Finish:
Check out the businesses nearby for more places to stay and drink.
Public Transport: Traveline for UK Public Transport
Parking and Post Code for Sat Nav (where applicable):
Check out our Best Mountain Weather Forecast?
Jack Mytton Way 2 from Chelmarsh to Much Wenlock Route Map and GPX Download
Summits and Places on this Route
- Clee Hill and Abdon Walk - 10.9km
- Jack Mytton Way 1 from Cleobury Mortimer to Chelmarsh - 13.1km
- Shropshire Way 6 Coldgreen to Wilderhope - 13.4km
- Bury Ditches walk from Brockton - 15.2km
- Jack Mytton Way 3 from Much Wenlock to Roman Bank - 15.4km
- Much Wenlock to Wyke Ramble - 15.4km
- Jack Mytton Way 7 from Roman Bank to Wheathill - 20.2km
- Walk Over Wenlock Edge - 23.6km
Pubs and Cafes Nearby:
Jack Mytton Way 2 from Chelmarsh to Much Wenlock Details
The second section of the Jack Mytton Way from Chelmarsh to Much Wenlock. Again, a mainly patoral route, passing near but not through Bridgnorth before ending up in the quiet village of Much Wenlock.
The Jack Mytton Way is a series of bridlepaths in the Shropshire countryside named after Mad Jack Hytton. A legend who earned the epitaph ‘Mad’ by attepting to leap a toll gate with a carriaged horse, among other things. Today’s rider or cyclist won’t need to go to that extreme however, as all the track is along public roads and bridleways. You can choose from the Linear or the Circular options.
Click here to view the full description and download route leaflets.
Alternatively, click here to view the route homepage and access a full overview map of the Jack Mytton Way