Edale Valley Tough MTB Route
|21.6 km||822 m|
Calculate the time using Naismith’s Rule and factor in your own pace.
Start and Finish:
Check out the businesses nearby for more places to stay and drink.
Public Transport: Traveline for UK Public Transport
Parking and Post Code for Sat Nav (where applicable):
Check out our Best Mountain Weather Forecast?
Edale Valley Tough MTB Route Route Map and GPX Download
Summits and Places on this Route
- Circular Low Level Edale Walk - 0.9km
- Walk up Kinder Scout from Edale via Grindsbrook Clough - 0.9km
- Mam Tor and Rushup Edge Walk from Edale - 1.0km
- Nether Tor and the Edges of the Kinder Plateau from Edale - 1.0km
- Two Days in the Peak District – Kinder Scout and Mam Tor - 1.0km
- Kinder Scout Moorland Edge Walk - 1.0km
- Walk up Kinder Scout from Edale - 1.0km
- Walk up Mam Tor from Castleton - 3.7km
Pubs and Cafes Nearby:
Edale Valley Tough MTB Route Details
There’s more than just walking in the Peak District as it offers excellent bridleways for some off path mountain biking.
This route starts off in Barber Booth in the Hope Valley, following the Pennine Way over to Oaken Clough and Hayfield. It returns via the Pennine Bridleway before turning off towards Rushup Edge and a rough descent via Chapel Gate path to the start. Some sections of this route are tough, and probably requires some bike pushing along the way.
Click here to view the full description and download the route in a new window (external site).