|12.1 km||612 m|
Calculate the time using Naismith’s Rule and factor in your own pace.
Start and Finish:
Check out the businesses nearby for more places to stay and drink.
Public Transport: Traveline for UK Public Transport
Parking and Post Code for Sat Nav (where applicable):
Check out our Best Mountain Weather Forecast?
Yr Aran Trip Report and Gallery Route Map and GPX Download
- Mynydd Mawr from Rhyd Ddu - 0.0km
- Yr Aran From Rhyd Ddu - 0.0km
- Best Guidebook Walks 1 – Nantlle Ridge - 0.0km
- Lon Gwyrfai – Rhyd Ddu to Beddgelert - 0.0km
- Llyn y Gader Short Walk from Rhyd Ddu - 0.0km
- The Snowdon Girdle Walking Route - 0.0km
- Nantlle Ridge Circuit From Rhyd Ddu – Cwm Dwyfor Return - 0.0km
- The Nantlle Ridge Linear Traverse - 0.0km
Pubs and Cafes Nearby:
Yr Aran Trip Report and Gallery Details
Yr Aran is an excellent little hill in winter. Just enough challenge and it seems to get more snow than surrounding peaks of the same height presumably due to its proximity to Yr Wyddfa.
Here are a few shots from the walk, with full descriptions of the ascents at this link. We had a bit of an explore today, getting our snow-legs back, but the route directly up the NE ridge is a much better day out.