|13.5 km||466 m|
Calculate the time using Naismith’s Rule and factor in your own pace.
Start and Finish:
Check out the businesses nearby for more places to stay and drink.
Public Transport: Traveline for UK Public Transport
Parking and Post Code for Sat Nav (where applicable):
Check out our Best Mountain Weather Forecast?
The Wrekin from Telford – Shropshire Walks Route Map and GPX Download
Summits and Places on this Route
- Much Wenlock to Wyke Ramble - 11.9km
- Jack Mytton Way 3 from Much Wenlock to Roman Bank - 12.1km
- Lyth Hill Walk - 18.8km
- Bury Ditches walk from Brockton - 19.1km
- Market Drayton Walk - 23.0km
- Jack Mytton Way 7 from Roman Bank to Wheathill - 24.3km
- Jack Mytton Way 2 from Chelmarsh to Much Wenlock - 24.6km
- Clee Hill and Abdon Walk - 24.8km
Pubs and Cafes Nearby:
The Wrekin from Telford – Shropshire Walks Details
The Wrekin may not have been a county top until unitary authorities were formed, but it’s always been a prominent landmark. It is easy enough to walk to the summit from the centre of Telford, as with this walk, or you could take the easy way out and start nearer.
The Shropshire hills are a convenient get away if you want a hilly walk but the mountains of Snowdonia and the Lakes are too far to travel for the weekend.
Click here to view the full description of The Wrekin from Telford – Shropshire Walks.