The Gritstone Trail North – Disley to Tegg’s Nose
|17.8 km||603 m|
Calculate the time using Naismith’s Rule and factor in your own pace.
Start and Finish:
Check out the businesses nearby for more places to stay and drink.
Public Transport: Traveline for UK Public Transport
Parking and Post Code for Sat Nav (where applicable):
Check out our Best Mountain Weather Forecast?
The Gritstone Trail North – Disley to Tegg’s Nose Route Map and GPX Download
Summits and Places on this Route
- Walk up Kinder Scout from Hayfield - 7.6km
- An Easy Walk to Cat’s Tor - 8.5km
- Shining Tor from Errwood Reservoir - 10.5km
- Gritstone Trail Central – Tegg’s Nose to Timbersbrook - 11.3km
- Higher Shelf Stones from Old Glossop - 12.1km
- Bleaklow Head Circuit from Old Glossop via Doctor’s Gate - 12.1km
- Riding the Ridges Mountain Bike Route - 12.3km
- Grit and Gears II Mountain Bike Route - 12.3km
Pubs and Cafes Nearby:
The Gritstone Trail North – Disley to Tegg’s Nose Details
The Gritstone Trail is a 55km trail that crosses Cheshire’s Peak District from Disley in the north to Kidsgrove and Staffordshire in the south. It’s split into three manageable sections, the first of which starts from the railway station at Disley and ends at Tegg’s Nose country park.
The Gritstone Trail offers true upland walking, mostly over 300 metres – a surprise for those who thought the Cheshire Plain was the county’s only landscape feature! These are wide open spaces, shaped by the wind and the weather – with distant views over stone walls, lonely farm houses and sheltered woodlands.
Click here to view the full description and download a full pack.