Slate Valleys Path – Cwmorthin
|5.8 km||189 m|
Calculate the time using Naismith’s Rule and factor in your own pace.
Start and Finish:
Check out the businesses nearby for more places to stay and drink.
Public Transport: Traveline for UK Public Transport
Parking and Post Code for Sat Nav (where applicable):
Check out our Best Mountain Weather Forecast?
Slate Valleys Path – Cwmorthin Route Map and GPX Download
Summits and Places on this Route
- Slate Valleys Path – Around Tanygrisiau Reservoir - 0.0km
- Slate Valleys Path – Afon Goedol - 0.0km
- Moelwyn Bach, Mawr and Cwmorthin from Tanygrisiau - 0.3km
- Cwmorthin and Rhosydd Quarry from Tanygrisiau - 0.5km
- Slate Valleys Path – Cwm Bowydd - 1.3km
- Slate Valleys Path – Congl-y-wal walk - 2.3km
- Slate Valleys Path – Afonydd Goedol and Teigl from Rhyd-y-sarn - 3.2km
- Across the Moelwynion – Maentwrog to Capel Curig - 4.9km
Pubs and Cafes Nearby:
Slate Valleys Path – Cwmorthin Details
Tanygrisiau may be the highest settlement in this valley these days, but walk up into Cwmorthin to see Plas Cwmorthin, or what’s left of it. You can extend the walk into Bwlch Cwmorthin and Rhosydd Quarry which was an even tougher place for the quarrymen to live.