Shropshire Way 1 Bridges to Bishop Castle
|18.5 km||529 m|
Calculate the time using Naismith’s Rule and factor in your own pace.
Start and Finish:
Check out the businesses nearby for more places to stay and drink.
Public Transport: Traveline for UK Public Transport
Parking and Post Code for Sat Nav (where applicable):
Check out our Best Mountain Weather Forecast?
Shropshire Way 1 Bridges to Bishop Castle Route Map and GPX Download
Summits and Places on this Route
- Darnford Walk - 0.0km
- Adstone Hill Walk from Bridges - 0.1km
- Mucklewick Walks - 4.0km
- Walk up Long Mynd from Church Stretton - 6.2km
- The Portway – Church Stretton to Pulverbatch - 6.7km
- Shropshire Way 8 Church Stretton to Bridges - 7.0km
- Shropshire Way 8a Longmynd - 7.0km
- Walk up Caer Caradoc Hill from Church Stretton - 8.1km
Pubs and Cafes Nearby:
Shropshire Way 1 Bridges to Bishop Castle Details
Day one of the Shropshire Way starts off in the small hamlet of Bridges and climbs to the top of Stiperstones for some instant gratification. The route then continues over Linley Hill before heading for lower ground and the small town of Bishop’s Castle.
The Shropshire hills are a convenient get away if you want a hilly walk but the mountains of Snowdonia and the Lakes are too far to travel for the weekend.
Click here to view the full description and download route leaflets and podcasts.