New High End Polartec® Neoshell® Jackets by Montane
Montane have just announced that they’re adding a couple more jackets to their range – the Fast Alpine Stretch Neo Jacket for men and the Further Faster Neo Jacket for men and women, both featuring Polartec’s innovative new Neoshell fabric. This new fabric falls somewhere between a ‘hard’ and ‘soft’ shell and offers superb breathability that sounds similar in principle to the Parameta fabrics used in Paramo clothing.
Thanks to the way the new Polartec®’s Neoshell® technology works, the Fast Alpine Stretch Neo jacket is claimed to be comfortable to wear during continuous heavy athletic exertion such as ice climbing or ski mountaineering. It has unbeatable weather protection, outstanding moisture regulating performance and two-way air exchange for increased airflow during high activity levels. The Fast Alpine Stretch Neo jacket (£340) also features a Pertex snow skirt, technical climbing helmet hoot, low profile hem cordlocks and an active, technical fit that can accommodate cold weather layering.
The Further Faster Neo jacket (£230) on the other hand is built for optimum speed over long distances and is waterproof, durable and very breathable this jacket has been designed for use in high exertion activities e.g. ultra mountain treks, trail running and mountain marathons.
Further information is available on www.montane.co.uk and the specs for each jacket is given below.
- Polartec® Neoshell® Stretch fabric
- Bonded Diamond Face fabric on shoulders and forearms to protect against rock abrasion, rucksack straps and shoulder-hooked ice axes
- Tailored with technical ice climbing movements in mind and designed to be worn in conjunction with a climbing harness
- Polartec® Neoshell® front placket with ‘snaps’ for security on the snow skirt
- Fully adjustable climbing helmet compatible mountain hood with three points of adjustment
- Zips: YKK Aqua Guard® VISLON® and YKK matte Aqua Guard®
- Men’s weight: 595g (size m) – Sizes: Men’s – S-XXL
- Colours: Black/Kiwi zips; Electric Blue/Tangerine zips
- Fit: Active Mountain
- SRP: £340
- Polartec® Neoshell® Light
- 13mm micro-taped seams to increase breathable surface area
- Articulated arms with engineered tailoring to prevent seams constricting over elbows and biceps
- Fully adjustable ‘trail hood’ with three points of adjustment designed to fit over warm headwear
- Bonded brushed fine microfleece on inner collar facings next to mouth, chin and rear neck.
- Zips: YKK Aqua Guard® VISLON®
- Men’s weight: 480g (size m) – Sizes: Men’s – S – XXL. Colours: Black/Black and Alpine Red zips; Electric Blue/Tangerine zips.
- Women’s weight: 415g (size UK 10) – Sizes: Women’s XS – XL (UK 8 – 16). Colours: Black/Black and Peacock zips; Dahlia/Dhalia zips
- Fit: Active Mountain
- SRP: £230
Dave also established Walk up Snowdon, Walk up Scafell Pike and Walk up Ben Nevis just to mention a few.
Latest posts by Dave Roberts (see all)
- Keen Men’s Karraig Boot Review - June 14, 2019
- Navigation Skills 3 – What’s the best map for walking? - June 3, 2019
- Best Walks from Ladybower Reservoir and the Upper Derwent Valley - February 23, 2019