Maesglase and Waun Oer
|15.01 km||521 m|
Calculate the time using Naismith’s Rule and factor in your own pace.
Start and Finish:
Public Transport: Traveline for UK Public Transport
Parking and Post Code for Sat Nav (where applicable):
Check out our Best Mountain Weather Forecast?
Maesglase and Waun Oer Route Map and GPX Download
Summits and Places on this Route
- Pen Ochr y Bwlch (Camlan) - 0.8km
- Pen y Brynfforchog (Pen y Brynnfforchog) - 1.8km
- Cribin Fawr - 1.9km
- Pen y Brynfforchog North Top [Pen y Brynnfforchog North Top] - 1.9km
- Maesglase - 2.5km
Maesglase and Waun Oer Details
Despite the proximity of the much busier Cadair Idris, these are rarely walked hills, though anyone who’s been along the A470 will have been impressed with the aspect they display to the drivers.
The experience for the walker though, is rather more sedate, being a bimbly walk with no real difficulties over a terrain that’s more peak district in places than Snowdonia.
Distance, Ascent and Time 16.5km, 800m ascent. 5 hours
Difficulties Route finding off path.
Start/ End Bwlch Oerddrws (A470) to Dinas Mawddwy
Facilities Parking at start. Pubs in Dinas Mawddwy.
Public Transport Very irregular bus services (e.g. Weds/Sat!)
The Route To Follow…
Dave also established Walk up Snowdon, Walk up Scafell Pike and Walk up Ben Nevis just to mention a few.
Latest posts by Dave Roberts (see all)
- Keen Men’s Venture Leather WP Boot Review - September 29, 2019
- Best Walks from Castleton and Hope in the Peak District - September 15, 2019
- Keen Men’s Karraig Boot Review - June 14, 2019