Mach 3 Mountain Bike Trail
|34.3 km||902 m|
Calculate the time using Naismith’s Rule and factor in your own pace.
Start and Finish:
Check out the businesses nearby for more places to stay and drink.
Public Transport: Traveline for UK Public Transport
Parking and Post Code for Sat Nav (where applicable):
Check out our Best Mountain Weather Forecast?
Mach 3 Mountain Bike Trail Route Map and GPX Download
Summits and Places on this Route
- Mach 1 Mountain Bike Trail - 0.0km
- Machynlleth to Caersws via Llanidloes and Staylittle - 0.0km
- Not the Cambrian Way – Machynlleth to Abermaw - 0.0km
- The Snowdonia Way - 0.0km
- Slate Valleys Path – Corris - 7.2km
- Coed Nant Gwernol From Abergynolwyn - 8.9km
- Cwm Gwernol Quarryman’s Trail - 8.9km
- Castell y Bera and Dysynni Valley Walk from Abergynolwyn - 9.3km
Pubs and Cafes Nearby:
Mach 3 Mountain Bike Trail Details
This is the most challenging route by www.dyfimountainbiking.org.uk who also have loads of useful information for anyone wishing to mountain bike in the area. The route is waymarked, and mainly along quiet country lanes, forestry and does get very remote at times. Ascending to over 500m makes it a fair old challenge. You could even extend it at it’s southernmost end and include the Nant y Moch reservoir on your route.
Activity Type: –Mountain Biking Black Grade
Submitted by: daveroberts
The Route The route starts off by following the NCR 8 south from the historic town of Machynlleth towards the village of Forge before setting off road for most of the trip. This is a route for the experienced mountain biker only! With only a few km of country lane, your next significant piece of tarmac will be at the end, when you meet the A487 at Derwenlas and the 3k road trip to the start.