Mach 1 Mountain Bike Trail
|21.5 km||534 m|
Calculate the time using Naismith’s Rule and factor in your own pace.
Start and Finish:
Public Transport: Traveline for UK Public Transport
Parking and Post Code for Sat Nav (where applicable):
Check out our Best Mountain Weather Forecast?
Mach 1 Mountain Bike Trail Route Map and GPX Download
Summits and Places on this Route
- Mach 3 Mountain Bike Trail - 0.0km
- Machynlleth to Caersws via Llanidloes and Staylittle - 0.0km
- Not the Cambrian Way – Machynlleth to Abermaw - 0.0km
- The Snowdonia Way - 0.0km
- Slate Valleys Path – Corris - 7.2km
- Cwm Gwernol Quarryman’s Trail - 8.8km
- Coed Nant Gwernol From Abergynolwyn - 8.9km
- Castell y Bera and Dysynni Valley Walk from Abergynolwyn - 9.3km
Pubs and Cafes Nearby:
Mach 1 Mountain Bike Trail Details
Nothing to do with razor blades, this is one of three excellent routes devised by www.dyfimountainbiking.org.uk who have loads of useful information for anyone wishing to mountain bike in the area. The route is waymarked, and mainly along quiet country lanes. The middle bit takes you properly off road along the Glyndwr Way to test out your mtb skills. The only drawback is that you have to return along the busy and narrow A487.
The Route The route follows the NCR 8 south from the historic town of Machynlleth towards the village of Forge. Follow leafy country lanes until you leave the Lon Las Cymru and head cross country for a while.
Then from the hamlet of Glasbwll, it’s mainly country lanes all the way to Derwenlas.